Zimbabwean Gets 9 Years Jail Term For Eating Python Meat
Posted by Sylvester
on Sunday, February 1, 2015
0
Sponsored Advertisement?
A Zimbabwean man has been sentenced to nine years in prison for eating a python, an animal which authority see as a protected species, a Zimbabwean daily reported on Friday. Yahoo News has more:
Archwell Maramba said he had been eating the snake meat for its medicinal value.
“I wanted to eat the python to cure my spine and since I ate my first python I have seen remarkable improvement,” NewsDay quoted Maramba as saying during his court case.
Acting on a tipoff, police found the 58-year-old drying snakeskin and python meat stashed in his house.
Lisa Okeke
Lisa is the head editor of Daily News 9ja. Stay upto date with breking news and live stories by following us on twitter and Facebook
Get Updates
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
Share This Post
Related posts

0 comments: