Allardyce Not To Face Police Action Over Corruption Scandal

Posted by Sylvester on Saturday, November 12, 2016 0


Sponsored Advertisement?
Former manager of the English football team Sam Allardyce has received a letter from the Football Association that states he is not being investigated by the City of London Police.
Sam Allardyce
The 62-year-old left his role as Three Lions boss by mutual consent in September after a footage showing the former Sunderland boss offering advice to journalists disguised as foreign investors on how to circumvent rules on the third-party ownership of players was released by The Telegraph.


Allardyce said in a statement: ‘I welcome today’s confirmation from City of London Police that I will not be the subject of a police investigation.

‘I was always confident that this would be the case as there was no evidence against me. I now ask that the Football Association deals with this matter as quickly as possible.

‘I would like to thank my friends and family who have stood by me during this difficult period. The position of England head coach is the pinnacle of any English manager’s career and it was my dream job.

‘While I am sad that my tenure came to an end early, I am nonetheless proud to have been chosen to manage the England football team and hope that today’s confirmation from the police will give me the opportunity to move on.’


Tagged as: ,
Lisa Okeke

Lisa is the head editor of Daily News 9ja. Stay upto date with breking news and live stories by following us on twitter and Facebook

Get Updates

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

Share This Post

Related posts

0 comments:

Twitter

Translate

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme design and development by EWT Global Solutions.
back to top