Kevin de Bruyne Says Mourinho Was Wrong About Him

Posted by Sylvester on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 0


Sponsored Advertisement?
Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne has shared his thoughts concerning his time with Manchester United coach Jose Mourinho at Chelsea. 

The 25-year-old believes his performances for City this season have laid waste to the criticism from his former manager.

De Bruyne told the Daily Mail, “I couldn’t say anything before as I wasn’t playing. If he says something to the press they are going to believe it because at that moment it was the only thing they had to listen to—the only evidence there was.

“But I don’t think I am like he said. I always want to play. I have played hundreds of times in my career and I am only 25. So I think I have answered it quite well.

“At the time at Chelsea, I had already many, many games under my belt. I didn’t feel I was like a normal 20-year-old because I had already played for years in Belgium and then on loan from Chelsea in Germany.”



The Belgian returned from a loan spell in the Bundesliga when Mourinho took over at Stamford Bridge in 2013, but struggled to get a start and moved to get first-team football.

He was sold to Wolfsburg for £18 million but later joined City just a year-and-a-half after for £55 million in the summer transfer window of 2015.

“I have no problem with Jose,” he added. “In some ways it was a good experience. It’s the only experience of not really playing and it gave me another aspect, to realise how to conduct yourself.

“I learned a lot about myself and I am happy with the decision I made to move on.”

City and United go head-to-head in the EFL cup on Wednesday. This is the second time they face each other this season. The first ended 2-1 to City in the English premiership.


Tagged as: ,
Lisa Okeke

Lisa is the head editor of Daily News 9ja. Stay upto date with breking news and live stories by following us on twitter and Facebook

Get Updates

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

Share This Post

Related posts

0 comments:

Twitter

Translate

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme design and development by EWT Global Solutions.
back to top