65-Year-Old Canadian Man Sets World Record For Knuckle Push-ups

Posted by Sylvester on Thursday, March 24, 2016 0


Sponsored Advertisement?

A 65-year-old Canadian man placed his bid to claim the Guinness world record for most knuckle push-ups in a minute when he performed 91 on Tuesday. Al Waselenchuk completed the feat at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology’s gymnasium, where the school captured video of his attempt.

He will have to wait eight weeks for Guinness to verify his attempt, which appears to have surpassed the old record of 79 knuckle push-ups currently held by an American man. “If I don’t make it, I don’t make it. I don’t know whether I will attempt it again,” Waselenchuk told the CBC. He first decided to attempt the record himself after seeing KJ Joseph of India set a total of 82 in February.

“I thought geez, that’s achievable,” he said. “I figured I could do better.” Waselenchuk began training for the record in November and said he lost about 22 pounds in the process — adding that he’d been feeling overweight prior to his training.

Despite admittedly experiencing some nervousness, Waselenchuk was able to pull off the attempt with relative ease as onlookers cheered him on. “I was stressed. I didn’t want to embarrass myself in front of all those people,” he said. “But it felt pretty good when it was all over.”

UPI


Tagged as: , ,
Lisa Okeke

Lisa is the head editor of Daily News 9ja. Stay upto date with breking news and live stories by following us on twitter and Facebook

Get Updates

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

Share This Post

Related posts

0 comments:

Twitter

Translate

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme design and development by EWT Global Solutions.
back to top