Over 100 Armed Youths Hold Community Hostage – Pa Osawaru

Posted by Sylvester on Wednesday, September 9, 2015 0


Sponsored Advertisement?
Pa Clifford Osawaru declared dead by errant youths, who printed his obituary poster, spoke to Niger Delta Voice on the aberration in Okhunmwun community.
Rude shock: “I was surprised to meet my poster on 13 August in the community where I am a patron.    The posters circulated on the 12th, which I saw on the 13th  said I (my remains), God forbid, would be leaving Central Hospital mortuary to the village. They guessed my wife’s name and guessed the names of my four children, which they only got one,    Ebuwa Osawaru,    who left for abroad over 12 years ago and I saw her 5 years ago.

The people that did it in my community are the youths selling our community land with fake documents. The Odionwere and elders of the community nominated me to checkmate the activities of the youths. The Odionwere and elders told them to work under me and take directives from me but that did not go down well with them. When we saw that they were selling our lands with fake papers, we cautioned them before going to court to restrain them. It was after we restrained them that they went to prepare this obituary poster and the person aiding and supporting them is the second- in- command, who the court also restrained.

Oath taking: When I saw the posters, I went and reported to our Odionwere and he said in Benin when such a thing happens, if we ask  and do not get the person, we will go and take an oath. That is how we went to swear at Ayelala (Juju shrine).

Disobeyed AIG: I also went to inform my lawyer and he said he is going to write to the commissioner of Police and the AIG about the ugly incident. The AIG summoned them but they failed to turn up at present. We went to court to restrain them from selling our lands with fake papers and very many elders cooperated with them because that is the only way they can make money.

Why we fled

If you go to our village today, they have dominated the place with cultists, they do not want to learn any trade, all they are concentrating on now is to sell our community land. The police have also sent a reminder to them to report but no way. Odionwere and I had to flee to Benin because they have vowed to kill us if they see us in the community.

Unfortunately, the police are not helping matters, I am the patron, the youth leader is supposed to be under me, and I am supposed to supervise all the activities that have to do with sales of land in the community. The youth leader leaves partially in Benin and in the village but he spends all his day in the village and most times when the police go there,    they resist arrest because of the small number of the policemen that go there.


Tagged as:
Lisa Okeke

Lisa is the head editor of Daily News 9ja. Stay upto date with breking news and live stories by following us on twitter and Facebook

Get Updates

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

Share This Post

Related posts

0 comments:

Twitter

Translate

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme design and development by EWT Global Solutions.
back to top