Sturridge eyes Chelsea return

Posted by Sylvester on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 0


Sponsored Advertisement?
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge admits he would relish coming up against Chelsea on Sunday, but is not sure whether manager Brendan Rodgers will deem him fit for duty.
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge admits he would relish coming up against Chelsea on Sunday, but is not sure whether manager Brendan Rodgers will deem him fit for duty.

The Reds welcome the Blues to Anfield this weekend looking to add to their five-point lead at the top of the Premier League standings, and will have Sturridge available for selection after he missed the 3-2 win over Norwich with a hamstring strain.

The England international, who moved to Anfield from Stamford Bridge in 2013, is eager to face his former employers, but admits any decision on his participation will hinge on Rodgers.

"Hopefully this weekend I'll be back," said Sturridge.

"I'm not too sure if he'll play me or not. We'll have to see."

When asked whether he would celebrate a potential goal against Chelsea, he said: "I would like to show respect to my former club, but if I were to come on and score in the last minute I'm going to be on a mad one, aren't I?"

"I don't want to - but I don't know if I could control myself if that happened."


Tagged as:
Lisa Okeke

Lisa is the head editor of Daily News 9ja. Stay upto date with breking news and live stories by following us on twitter and Facebook

Get Updates

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

Share This Post

Related posts

0 comments:

Twitter

Translate

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme design and development by EWT Global Solutions.
back to top